Pulling a little inspiration from my time with GQ x SIMON(s) #LOOKBOOKLIVE series for this one. A top trend this season is the “The New Office” look, a way to add some edge and personal style while still maintaining except-able work place attire. The look is all about adding bold signature pieces, that transform a basic ensemble into a one that is your very own.
As I mentioned in the previous post, “Style Advice | Denim Jacket 3 Ways : Part I”, Primarily, the denim trucker jacket is a top layer and should be utilized with the same versatility as a blazer. In an attempt to follow my own direction, I took a stab at walking the denim trucker jacket into the office, disguised as a suit jacket.
• The Look: Well, why the hell not?! My first initial thought, was to replace the vest with the trucker jacket, which was a good looking option. But if you’re going to go bold, why go in half way. Anybody can put a suit on, it’s details that make the real difference. We’re millennials, everything we do is about comfort, functionality and looking cool as shit—this look say’s just that.
The navy 3 piece suit was paired with a black shirt, shoes, and watch for contrast. The color combination gives the look an effortless appeal while retaining the “I DO THIS” attitude. The last thing you want to do while making a style statement, is having that message read in big bold letters, I TRIED WAY TO HARD GETTING DRESSED THIS MORNING. When every it feels too much, it probably is. So, when all else fails KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)—keep the colors and patterns to a minimum.
• The Accessiores: Remember this is “The New Office” look, “Office” being the keyword. Keep accessories to a minimum, and always match your leathers (black leather double monk straps = black leather watch band) it’s just smoother. In the case you would like to add in a tie to this color scheme, I would suggest a dark solid or one with again—>minimum pattern and details.
Though a small lapel pin or flower would be a nice touch, maybe even a pocket square to really sale the denim blazer persona. As long as you allow your denim jacket to do majority of the talking (trust me, it’s talking cash ish’), you’ll master this look in no time.
• The Brands: Zara (Denim Jacket) // Zara (Vest Birds Eye) // Zara (Pants Birds Eye) // JF J.Ferrar (Slim Fit Shirt) // Allend Edmonds (Belt) // Fossil (Watch) // Thread Etiquette (Anchor and Beaded Bracelets) // JCP (Socks) // Aldo (Double Monk Straps)
Photo Credit: @GVOFILMS
Contrary to the last fews weeks weather conditions, fall season is actually happening this year. The leaves are falling and the time to optimize operation “LAYERING”, is upon us. With that said, I give you my “GOTO” essential, the “DENIM JACKET” also known as a, “Denim Trucker Jacket”. If you don’t already have at least one in your arsenal, go get one!
Pretty much every brand has their take on the traditional denim jacket, from various fits and washes to different length and details. With so many brands adopting and designing their own version’s, you could stand the chance of feeling a bit overwhelmed with your purchasing power.Though the truth is, unless you attempt to rummage through your middle school FUBU collection full of Fat Albert shirts and oversized denim blends, for that real vintage look #THROWBACKTHURSDAY (which I would highly advise you did not) — you should do fine if you focus your attention to the fit.
• The fit is very important, especially if it’s vintage. It should be slim through the body and sleeves, hugging the body and hitting just past the waistband.It’s still a bit too early according to mother-nature, to break out the parkas and bubble coats. While the temperature is transitioning slowly so should your wardrobe. Focus you style passion around using light jackets and thin layering pieces to maintain a sense of style while staying comfortable.
• The Look: It’s a jacket right? So, treat it like one. Often time you see guys down playing the denim jacket, like you can only rock it a white v-necks and chucks. Primarily, it’s a top layer and should be utilized with the same versatility as a blazer or jacket.
This is one of my simplest and favorite, fall layering looks: A light-weight shawl collar sweater, with a wide patterned plaid button down, distressed denim jeans (Usually I would suggest going much dark or lighter in the pants selection to add some contrast between the denim-on-denim, but I like the way the jacket and jeans played together—it’s all about experimenting and figuring out what works for you.), a pair of broken-in leather hi-top boots, add a leather-band watch (make sure those leathers match), and you have the look.
• The Brands: Zara (Denim Jacket) // J.Crew (Plaid Shirt) // Ralph Lauren (Shawl Collar Sweater) // Hudson Jeans (Byron – Savage Five Pocket Straight Leg Jeans) // Call It SPRING (Boots)
Photo Credit: @GVOFILMS
Oh, to be two places at once. The Nixon Diplomat SS timepiece, can take you around the world without losing track of where you came from. The Swiss GMT movement allows you to tell time in two locations at once. The swiss made dial is surrounded by a concave dial ring with 24 hour markings and includes printed indices and custom molded hands.
Incased in a 45mm, 200 meter/20 ATM custom stainless steel with a unidirectional stainless steel bezel, contrast plated stainless steel bezel insert with color fill markings, domed hardened mineral crystal with anti-glare treatment on the underside of the crystal, triple gasket stainless steel screw down crown, stainless steel screw down caseback and screw pin lugs. While the band is a 23mm custom solid stainless steel 3 link band with a double locking stainless steel clasp with micro adjust. A timepiece worth the price.
Welcome to Charlotte! SIMON x GQ and Glaomur brings #LOOKBOOKLIVE x #FOUNDATSIMON event series to South Park Mall. Day 1: Fashion & Mixer
Photography by @GeorgeDalePhotography
This year marks the program’s fifth year in existence and the second year with Union Los Angeles’ Chris Gibbs as Creative Director. The 2014 iteration of the #Heineken100 launches kicks off with a custom-made bag from LA-based brand Parabellum. Known for its use of textured leather coupled with masterful craftsmanship, Parabellum crafted a canvas tote specifically for the #Heineken100.
Parabellum’s canvas tote will be succeeded by a “ponchirt,” a poncho/shirt hybrid from RTH. The program will culminate later this year with a pair of sunglasses from Garrett Leight California Optical.
Watch the collaboration in HD detail below…
The A.Posse Fulton is inspired by the rugged men’s boots of NYC street culture, modernized and upgraded. The upper is composed of full grain leather derived from calf skin. This material (napa leather) is renowned for its softness and durability. For the inside lining, a premium pig skin leather is used. These components create a product that will age nicely with wear.
This shoe is also fitted with a sleek, 18mm thick, rubber outsole and complimented with a 5mm insole. Combined it gives it a low to ground feel without sacrificing any comfort. The eyelids and fastens are made from alloy metals that are oxidized to a shiny black finish.
Each pair of footwear comes with 1 set of all black, cotton shoe lace and a shoe travel bag.
Upper: Napa leather (calf skin) Lining: High quality pig leather Features: Black metallic fastens and eyelids $245